Making an Appointment
Please call our office at one of the numbers listed below to schedule your first appointment.
Counseling sessions are generally last 50-55 minutes and rates vary between $140-155 depending on the counselor. One of our Client Coordinators can help you determine which of our counselors are currently accepting new clients and answer any questions you have.
Click here to learn more about the counselors in our Charlotte and Davidson offices.
Once you have called our office and made an appointment, we will send you an email confirmation of your appointment along with a link to our intake paperwork, which is filled out and submitted online. The intake paperwork must be submitted prior to your first appointment, as this allows us to be better prepared for your arrival.
Charlotte: (704) 365-4545
Davidson: (704) 365-4545
Triad: (336) 521-7641 or http://www.barnabastriad.org/counseling/
**NEW CLIENTS PLEASE NOTE** We generally cannot accommodate same-day appointments for new clients. Also, please understand that our counselors’ schedules fill up quickly and your preferred counselor may not be available or accepting new clients at the time of scheduling. However, we will do everything possible to ensure that we can get you scheduled with a counselor well-suited to your needs.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment for any reason, please notify us at least 24 business hours prior to your appointment time. This allows us to make the time available to other clients who may need it. You may call the front desk or contact your counselor directly to notify us of the cancellation.
Please note: You will still be responsible for paying your full session fee if your appointment has not been canceled at least one business day in advance. If you are canceling a Monday appointment, you must call our office on the Friday prior to your appointment.
Payment for counseling services is expected at the beginning of each session. We accept cash, check, or credit/debit cards.
If you participate in an HSA program, you may attempt to use your HSA card to make payments online. However, HSA cards can be restricted to certain medical vendors and not all will recognize The Barnabas Center as an approved medical vendor. Each employer is different in how they set up their FSA/HSAs.
The Barnabas Center offers financial assistance in the form of a sliding fee scale. For information about our scholarship program or a church assistance, please refer to the Financial Assistance tab.
The Barnabas Center is not a preferred provider for any particular insurance company, nor are we equipped to file insurance claims for you. It is the client’s responsibility to check with their individual insurance company to see what their policy covers. If you receive insurance benefits, you will still be expected to pay for each session at the time of your appointment.
We can provide an insurance statement at your request that supplies the information your insurance company will need for you to file a claim. Please refer to your individual counselor’s disclosure statement for complete details regarding our insurance procedures.
We don’t want cost or financial strain to deter you from getting the help you need. The Barnabas Center offers a scholarship program to reduce your session fees that is based on your household income and any other extenuating circumstances. Scholarships are available upon request and will be granted as funds are available.
Follow the steps below to apply for a Barnabas Scholarship:
- You may request a scholarship application form at the time of scheduling—or any time after—your first appointment or you may download the scholarship application form HERE. Please be sure to mark on the application if you are also receiving assistance from your church.
- Fill out the application and email to email@example.com.
- A reply to a scholarship request is generally given within two business days. Most scholarship rates will be valid for one year. (Please note that full payment will be expected at the time of your first visit if a scholarship has not yet been approved.)
Clients sometimes approach their church for assistance with their counseling or group fees. If your church is helping you pay for your counseling, follow the steps below:
- Contact us to schedule your first appointment (rates will vary depending on your counselor).
- First apply for a Barnabas scholarship using the process outlined above.
- Once your new rate has been determined, a Church Scholarship Form and a Release Form will be emailed to you.
- Fill out the Release Form, giving us permission to bill your church for whatever amount they have agreed to pay toward your counseling costs, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give the Church Scholarship Agreement form to your church to fill out. The church will use this form to state their financial commitment towards your counseling fees based on your approved scholarship rate from The Barnabas Center.
- The Church Scholarship Agreement must be returned to us by either you or your church.
- Once all the scholarship paperwork is completed, your new rate will take effect. Your church will be billed at the end of each month for whatever amount they have agreed to pay.
Any questions regarding the scholarship or church assistance process for Charlotte should be directed to the Administrative Coordinator, Cinda Hutchinson, at email@example.com or 704-365-4545 ext. 317.
Counselor Disclosure Forms:
- Pete Bondy
- Roger Edwards
- John Pierce
- Meredith Cloninger, née Spatola
- Kurt Zuiderveen
- Mollie Souza
- Laurie Hobbs
- Noelle Bondy
- Kyle Whitehead
- Caroline Chambers
New client paperwork is not available online. Please call our office at 704-365-4545 to schedule your first appointment and we will email the link to the intake form to you.